|Job title:||Membership Engagement Manager|
|Salary scale:||Grade D – £41, 281 – £52,292 per annum|
|Department:||Education and Membership Services|
|Reporting to:||Head of Education and Membership Services|
|Key Relationships Responsible for:|
|Membership officer (full time) and Membership Co-ordinator|
Members, Membership Team, Membership Services Committee, CRM/Website Project Managers, Board members, SMT, Marketing & Communications Team.
|Job purpose ||• The new Member Engagement Manager will be responsible for optimising member engagement, enhancing member value, increasing existing member retention and new member acquisition (key elements of the organisation’s new Long Term Strategy)|
• They will develop current and future member services on offer by championing the new CRM/CMS, ensuring value for money, optimised participation and excellent service.
• The successful candidate will oversee all practical aspects of membership services and income and expenditure. The role holder will be a strategic and creative thinker, making full use of technology and ambitious to develop services for members. Training will be provided in the specific CRM/CMS system used by the Association of Anaesthetists.
- To develop, in consultation with the Head of Education & Membership Services and the Membership Services Committee, a membership development and engagement strategy in line with the Association Long Term strategy.
- Manage the delivery of the membership services objectives.
- To ensure member engagement/experience related strategy is quality assured, optimised and delivered within and across the organisation.
- To set, communicate and regularly review key metrics and measurements to track progress against the plan.
- To develop, manage and monitor the membership budget.
- To prepare costings/business cases as appropriate for any new developments/projects/services
- To ensure that membership subscriptions are collected promptly and recorded correctly.
- To champion and deliver a range of methods to systematically identify member needs and expectations (current and future).
- To maintain, review and promote a range of membership services based on member needs and segmented where appropriate according to specialism and stage of career.
- To ensure all membership services are cost-effective for the Association to provide and deliver member value and quality.
- To maintain an up to date understanding of current and emerging membership practices to drive member development, training and networking opportunities.
- To promote engagement, value and participation at an international, national and local level, by tailoring inclusive member services according to current and future needs.
- Deliver new support driven opportunities that will help members achieve their full potential.
To develop engagement by providing membership services and information at the Association conferences and events.
- To develop and provide regular reporting on membership engagement measures/activity.
- To ensure services are relevant/appealing to future generations of members.
- To carry out regular consultations/surveys with the membership, using this research to inform future membership plans and activity.
- To develop and maintain online/offline opportunities for members to liaise directly with each other, providing the platforms that enable them to work together as an active and supportive network.
Membership recruitment, retention and development
- Enable the effective acquisition of new members to ensure that the organisation recruit between 75% and 80% of the profession
- Ensure existing member retention/renewal levels are maintained (94%), optimised and developed.
- Develop and implement a programme to re-engage lapsed/cancelled members.
- Reach out to new target groups and establish new ways for the organisation to establish new membership/business development streams.
- To work with others to ensure that the new CRM/CMS broadens the range and access to online and personalised content available to members.
- To promote personalised content to existing and prospective members.
- To ensure current data on the membership is optimised, accurate, and up to date.
- Measure and report on membership KPIs regularly, using this information to inform current and future plans.
- To ensure compliance with the Association regulations, Information Services Policy and Data Protection Act across all membership services.
- To establish and maintain effective working relationships with members, especially on the Membership Services Committee.
- To work with colleagues across the Association to ensure the effective promotion of member services delivered within other teams and to ensure ‘joined up services’ e.g. with Marketing and Events teams.
- To work with Board members on developing member engagement focused, communications October 2019 and initiatives.
- To ensure all Association staff has a good understanding of the benefits of membership, membership categories/scheme, criteria for entry and key membership statistics.
- To regularly review and monitor all member engagement opportunities, membership communications for quality/value, messaging and brand adherence.
- To play a full role in the Associations management team and champion existing and future member engagement.
- To be responsible for ensuring HR policies and procedures are upheld as a line manager.
- To be responsible for managing the membership engagement function across the organisation, working with and through colleagues across the staff team.
- To line manage, motivate and coach membership staff referring to the role model statement.
- This job description is intended to reflect the main duties and responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive list of duties. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which are commensurate with the role. The job description may be subject to change, subject to the needs of the Association after discussion with the post holder.
This job description is intended to reflect the main duties and responsibilities of the post and is not an exhaustive list of duties. The post holder may be required to undertake other duties which are commensurate with the role. The job description may be subject to change, subject to the needs of the Association after discussion with the post holder.
|Qualifications||Qualified to degree level or equivalent|
|Knowledge||An in-depth knowledge of membership recruitment, retention, engagement and development. Good knowledge and understanding of CRM/CMS systems good working knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook. Good knowledge of current and emerging data protection legislation|
|Experience||An experienced membership professional with at least 3 years management experience|
Experience of managing a small team
Experience of developing member recruitment, retention and engagement
Experience of managing online and face-to-face member services
|Skills||Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, including the ability to engage with a range of audiences|
A strategic and creative thinker, able to make full use of technology to develop services to the Associations members
Systematic, self-motivated and results focused
Able to listen, influence and negotiate with stakeholders at all levels/career stages
Experience of working with CRM/CMS systems, (including regular management level reporting) Highly analytical, able to analyse data, spot trends and draw sound conclusions
Able to present information in a professional and credible manner
Able to supervise, lead and motivate others
Strong team player
Attention to detail and accuracy skills
Good project planning and project management skills Able to work to deadlines and meet those deadlines
A ‘can do’ approach, eager to improve the status quo Strongly service orientated to both internal and external stakeholders
|Circumstances||Able to undertake occasional overnight visits to meetings outside London|
|Desirable||Experience of working within a membership-focused environment |
Experience of working with committees
Experience of using/configuring Microsoft Dynamics CRM/ DNN Platform CMS
Some knowledge of anaesthesia
Previous experience of working with medical professionals